In addition to the previously listed items that are prohibited from being shipped, dangerous objects such as scissors and knives also cannot be brought onboard an aircraft. Furthermore, there are restrictions on the amount of liquids that you can bring with you. Please note that if knives or other dangerous objects are discovered during a security check, you will be asked to dispose of those objects.
* Please contact your carrier directly regarding articles that have not been explicitly described.
* For details, refer to the homepage of the Japan Civil Aviation Bureau (Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism).
Have scissors, knives and tools checked in as checked luggage at the check-in counter. It is also acceptable to place liquids into checked luggage, but some fragile items may not be accepted in some cases.
Premixing lighters such as turbo lighters and jet lighters cannot be placed in checked luggage or carried onboard an aircraft.
* Carry-on rules vary between airlines. Contact your carrier directly for details.
* For details, refer to the homepage of the Japan Civil Aviation Bureau (Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism)
Representative examples of permitted and prohibited carry-on items
Scissors, cutters, and other cutting tools
* T-shaped razor blades are allowed as carry-on items.
* Carry-on rules for disposable lighters vary by destination. Please contact your airline directly for more information.
(Excluding turbo lighters and premixing lighters)
Fireworks, firecrackers (explosives)
* Excluding cosmetics and pharmaceuticals
Representative examples of prohibited items