Thank you for visiting Kansai International Airport.
In accordance with Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport directives, the following restrictions apply to liquids as carry-on cabin baggage for international flights departing from Kansai International Airport. The restrictions do not apply to items purchased at duty free and other shops after departure procedures have been completed.
Restrictions apply to:
- All international flights departing from Kansai International Airport (does not include arrivals)
- Carry-on cabin baggage (does not include checked baggage such as suitcases)
Restrictions for liquids as carry-on cabin baggage
- Any liquid(*1) exceeding 100ml is prohibited from being carried on as cabin baggage.However, the following items may be carried on as cabin baggage:
*1 Including gels (toothpaste, hair gel etc.), aerosols and sprays.
- Liquids stored in containers with a capacity not exceeding 100 ml (excluding items such as lighter refill gas which are prohibited from being carried on) and which may easily fit in a re-sealable, transparent plastic ezip lockf bag and has a capacity of not more than 1 liter.
- Medications(*2), baby milk, baby food, special dietary requirements etc.
*2 Passengers may be required to show proof that they need to carry on items as cabin baggage by showing such documents as prescriptions.
- Each passenger is permitted to have only one plastic bag. The recommended dimension for the plastic bag should not exceed a width of 20cm nor exceed a height of 20cm. Passengers are responsible for purchasing their own plastic bags. The bags can be bought at convenience stores, home centers etc.
- Liquor, cosmetics and other items purchased at duty free and other shops after departure procedures have been completed are not subject to the preceding restrictions and may be carried on as cabin baggage. However passengers which transit in countries such as Europe or America, which have cabin baggage restrictions for liquids, may be required to dispose of the liquids if it is not possible to store the liquids in their suitcase and stow the items as checked luggage. Please contact your airline for details.
- To facilitate efficient screening, please remove the aforementioned plastic bag, and other electronic devices such as laptop computers (notebook PC) from your baggage to be individually inspected by screening staff. Coats and jackets will undergo a separate inspection to other hand luggage in the inspection area. Please have your belongings ready for inspection and present them to staff for x-ray screeni
- Although it is possible to place liquids in checked baggage, in certain cases the stowing of some fragile items may not be permitted. Due to differing policies of airlines regarding cabin baggage we recommend you check with your airline regarding their baggage rules.
Please be aware that rules may change without prior notice. For the latest information please check the websites of the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, Kansai International Airport and your airline.
These new regulations are being implemented by the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport in accordance with guidelines produced by International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), a specialized agency of the United Nations, for Contracting States regarding restrictions on liquids as carry-on cabin baggage. The restrictions were introduced after an attempted terrorist bombing on a British Airways flight in August 2006.